GDTLBT801A IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate (Analyse light-based therapies used in cosmetic medicine
The IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate is a theory-based course, which focuses on the clinical aspects of IPL and Laser treatment and the required safety standards as outlined by the Radiation Safety Act 1999. The unit is government accredited and recognised by the two main Laser authorities; QLD Radiation Health and the Radiological Council of WA as an official Radiation/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate.
- $750 (Theory only)
Course duration and study commitment
- This certificate is delivered via online lectures, providing you with a flexible learning approach. The curriculum consists of six online lectures and tutorial activities. Assessment is based on four clinical studies, tutorial activities and a final online assessment consisting of 80 multiple choice and short answer questions. The time commitment typically required is 4 to 5 hours per week over a 10-week period.
Study modes available
- The IPL & Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate is only available online. Please Note: The IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate is a stand-alone course though is also delivered as a core unit in the Advanced Diploma of Cosmetic Dermal Science, the Graduate Diploma of Cosmetic Nursing, the Graduate Diploma of Dermal Therapies and the Graduate Certificate in IPL and Laser Hair Reduction.
• Necessary as a prerequisite for laser licensing in Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia, with other Australian states soon to follow in a similar manner
• Decrease insurance issues and potential litigation
• Gain credibility and confidence from your patients/clients
• Graduate with a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment and IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate.
• Laser and light physics
• Understanding the mechanics of an IPL system
• Clinical application of IPL permanent hair reduction
• Clinical application of IPL photo rejuvenation (treatment of dyschromia and vascular lesions)
• Lasers in cosmetic medicine and dermal therapies
• Licensing, state regulations and future legislation change
• IPL and laser risk assessment and management
COURSE AT A GLANCE