GDTLBT801A Analyse light-based therapies used in cosmetic medicine (& IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate)
This is a theory-based course, which focuses on the clinical aspects of IPL and Laser treatment and the required safety standards as outlined by the Radiation Safety Act 1999. The unit is government accredited and recognised by the two main Laser authorities; QLD Radiation Health and the Radiological Council of WA as an official Radiation/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate.
Upon completion of this unit, it will lead to the issue of the IPL/Laser's Safety Officer's Certificate, it will not lead to the issue of a full, Nationally Recognised Qualification.
*Please note: Course structure, duration of practical and choice of electives may change at any time at the discretion of AACDS.
- $750 (Theory only)
For information on AACDS' withdrawal and refund policy, please click here.
Course duration and study commitment
- This is delivered via online lectures, providing you with a flexible learning approach. The curriculum consists of six online lectures and tutorial activities. Assessment is based on four clinical studies, tutorial activities and a final online assessment consisting of 80 multiple choice and short answer questions. The time commitment typically required is 4 to 5 hours per week over a 10-week period.
Study modes available
- The course is only available online. Please Note: This is a stand-alone course though is also delivered as a core unit in the Advanced Diploma of Cosmetic Dermal Science, the Graduate Diploma of Cosmetic Nursing and the Graduate Diploma of Dermal Therapies.
• Necessary as a prerequisite for laser licensing in Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia, with other Australian states soon to follow in a similar manner
• Decrease insurance issues and potential litigation
• Gain credibility and confidence from your patients/clients
• Laser and light physics
• Understanding the mechanics of an IPL system
• Clinical application of IPL permanent hair reduction
• Clinical application of IPL photo rejuvenation (treatment of dyschromia and vascular lesions)
• Lasers in cosmetic medicine and dermal therapies
• Licensing, state regulations and future legislation change
• IPL and laser risk assessment and management
COURSE AT A GLANCE