SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in IPL & Laser Hair Reduction
This course was developed for new or experienced IPL operators who wish to gain a government accredited qualification. The course covers the theoretical and clinical competencies required to safely and effectively perform IPL or laser permanent hair reduction. Completing this qualification exclusively through AACDS, will also provide you with an official IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate recognised by Queensland Radiation Health and the Radiological Council of Western Australia.
(To view full schedule of fees, click here)
- Certificate IV or Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma minimum in a health-related field
- Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience
Course duration and study commitment
- The theoretical component of the course is delivered online via audio presentation over a 18-week period, requiring approximately five hours of study per week. On completion of this module, students are awarded with an official IPL/Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate approved by QLD Radiation Health and the WA Radiological Council.
- Practical training is available monthly and delivered over three consecutive days in cosmetic clinics located in Sydney, Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne.
- Self-Guided Study & Assessment
- Prior to receiving the qualification, students are required to complete all assessments associated with the theory and practical units.
Study modes available
- Online, with practical training available in Sydney, Perth, Gold Coast and Melbourne
Further Learning Pathway
For candidates currently performing or wanting to increase their scope of practice to encompass all dermal therapies (chemical peels, skin needling, microdermabrasion, IPL photo rejuvenation and fractionated laser), only AACDS offers a dual, nationally accredited qualification in both dermal therapies and intense pulsed light/Laser. This dual qualification is an effective way of decreasing training costs and increasing employability skills.
- Core theory units
1.1B CDSLBT801A Analyse light-based therapies used in cosmetic medicine
(Unit incorporates a Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate approved by QLD Radiation Health and the WA Radiological Council)
SIBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols
Pre 2.2HR BSBMED303B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings (theory component)
- Core practical units
2.2HR Completed over a full time 3-day block SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment plans
SIBBHRS702A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
SIBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols (practical component)
HLTIN402C Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings (practical component)
- Core research unit
SIBBRES702A SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
COURSE AT A GLANCE
Certificate IV or Diploma of Beauty Therapy OR Diploma minimum in health-related field OR vocational experience
Part Time | Single Unit
Online plus practical
Monthly start dates